The Museum of Osteopathic MedicineSM added a new exhibit dedicated to the origin story of Osteopathy. The exhibit was created through a donation by Dr. and Mrs. John H. Drabing, in memory of Faith and Martin L. Drabing, DO; C. Robert Starks, Sr., DO; and Esther Bolles Starks, DO.

The exhibit serves as an introduction to A.T. Still University’s visionary founder, Andrew Taylor Still, DO. It focuses on the story of Dr. Still and his discovery of osteopathic medicine. Serving as a timeline beginning with Dr. Still’s venture into the frontier and ending with the start of his practice in Kirksville, Mo., the exhibit engages the audience with historical facts and personal items from Dr. Still.

A.T. Still Museum collage

The collections of the Museum of Osteopathic Medicine include more than 80,000 objects, photographs, documents, and books dating from the early 1800s to the present (focused mainly on 1870–1940). The core of the collection consists of artifacts from A. T. Still's professional and private life, most of them donated by Dr. Still's daughter, Blanche Laughlin, and members of her family.

Since the founding of the Museum in 1934, other family members, DOs, and Museum supporters have donated many additional artifacts that reflect the ongoing history of the osteopathic profession. The research collections of the International Center for Osteopathic History (ICOH) also include many former holdings of the A.T. Still Memorial Library, for which the Museum assumed responsibility in 1997.

X